- Beginnings, Endings and a Clarisonic Mia 2 giveaway
- Beauty | Manicure Monday: Let it snow! holiday nail art
- Fashion | Joe Fresh Spring/Summer 2013: Modern classics, refined, in a smorgasbord of colours
- Beauty | Manicure Monday: Starry night nail art
- Fashion | The Philip Sparks Spring 2013 accessories collection bursts with colour
- Click here to follow me on Tumblr
- Has anyone tried these? What did you think? @MakeupForWOC twitter.com/Essence/status… 51 minutes ago
- Classmate found a Kanye lyrics api. The possibilities are endless😈 1 hour ago
- Lorde bless Apple Pay for always coming through when I forget my wallet. 1 hour ago
- Forgot that I once interviewed Ursula Stephens, Rihanna's hairstylist, for an article. 13 hours ago
- My guy @Obzokee got a hail up in the NYT? Gwan Trini! 15 hours ago
Tag Archives: couture
The Royal Ontario Museum‘s latest exhibit is huge in every way, shape and form. Aptly named BIG, the 40-artifact strong show celebrates all that is big – socially, culturally and historically – in fashion and textile.
It cannot be said enough, couture is all in the details. In this video Tim Blanks speaks with Riccardo Tisci of Givenchy about his Fall 2011 haute couture collection for Style.com.
Creative and talented DIY bloggers Erica Chan Coffman and Lauren Kolodny of Honestly…WTF just posted this amazing video on their Tumblr page (Click here to follow me) about the making of the Givenchy Spring/Summer 2011 haute couture collection.
At first glance the Jean Paul Gaultier Spring 2011 couture collection looks like a frenetic, schizophrenic potpourri of looks, styles and themes. However, a second viewing shows a career that includes skillfully re-imagined classics.
The Elie Saab Spring 2011 couture collection was a lesson in texture. There were floral print dresses with flower poufs at shoulder and hip, sheer chiffon concoctions with beaded overlays and a shimmery sequin mauve taupe gown with floral appliqués … Continue reading
It seems that youthful femininity and airy lightness are emerging themes this season and Valentino co-designers Pier Paolo Piccioli and Maria Grazia Chiuri have tapped into that trend via a virginal Spring 2011 couture collection that was full of pale, … Continue reading
While a picture is worth a thousand words images just do not do couture justice. Still pictures fail to capture the intricate detail that goes into creating the stunning pieces we see on the runways and at the presentations. Video … Continue reading